Saturday, September 25, 2010

My Trip To Vellore...:)

Loved the ‘short-but-sweet’ visit to the green, very green sub-urb of Vellore.
Courtesy VIT, the pride of the little town, where I successfully secured an IT seat at the vellore campus! (Yeahh! :))

Head held high, eyes wide, bright with pride; I was there with my proud mum, crossing every stage of counseling, with only positive vibes from the faculty. The VIT, main gate…the moment I saw it, felt a sense of belonging, sumwhr amidst the hitherto new and unknown place, the brand name ‘VIT’ made it a very known place. :) :)


Enjoyed the glory…was relieved to see the ‘level’ aspiring candidates..the ‘just-perfect’ to-be-classmates..And possibly to-be-dates!.. :P :P and u never know…could also be to-be-soul mates..! :D :D

With little relation though, this ‘date’ discussion reminds me of a guy from jaipur, who tried to make conversation all through the counseling process..But I dint know how to build it further…More than poor communication skills, it was lack of interest perhaps… :P


Further on, the ceremonious formalities were over with that ‘top-of-the-world’ feeling still lingering on!
So much so, I told my dost that I had a flight the next day presumably; (evn though I had train reservation!) A slip of mind I wud say…after all, still in the sky, flying high..! :D

Besides the ‘mission-accomplished’ were the sweet fulfilling moments...best coming across a madrasi bride-bridegroom, seeking blessings from the Almighty…at first, there was this mini-heart attack when I was told that I missed it, but was relieved to happen to see the ‘just-married’ couple (within view again) in their respective wedding dresses, which were merely fancy dress costumes for us delhites! :P :P


My mood still ‘weddingy’, reminds me of how I cud not contain my affinity for flowers, the gulmohars, the gajras…constantly hanging down my handbag..only left the localites wondering if the gajra had taken an unwarranted leap from my hair to my purse..!! :D :D every second lady insisting me to clutch it to my hair…As welcoming as they were, all ready to lend me their own hair pins!


Coming back to Delhi...was as bful a journey as was staying away from it! Had never imagined central India to be so bful…the greenness…the lovely landscapes..Made my train journey an ‘never-to-forget’ one! To top it all, in my compartment, I even found a friend in a toddler named ‘akhil’ coincidently! And have drawn conclusions like..’All Akhils are the same!’ :P :P (details not required! :P)

All in all, the success, the pleasure, the lovely encounters…everything was just wonderful abt my trip! Loved it completely…:')

11 comments:

  1. *The first comment on your first blog post* :)
    You finally did listen to me and started your own blog! :P
    A really good post as your first one! And you do write well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it should be,
    "The first comment on the first blog post on your own blog!" :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha..:D Thanks alot buddy!
    Hope it goes well!
    And i write no better than you though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i didnt knw i had such a talented sis !! :D :D

    but u nvr shared all this wid me :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. :O :O This note is thr on fb since a long time re!! :(
    Tune pehle nhi padha? :O
    I thot u hav read dis...:(
    SORYY sis :(
    But u'v been made to read "THE SORROW OF WAR" a billion times i guess! :P
    Thanks alot..:) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. really a nice description of VIT....its really nice as u described.. ure really a talented girl...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey aditi! :)
    Thanku so much! Nd yes, it was REALLY as nice an experience! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well written! I really liked it. I feel sorry for that guy though :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Shayan! :)
    And i too feel the same for that guy :P
    Hehe..:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This maybe a long time later that you're getting a comment on this post.. This post reminded me of my counseling day in VIT - totally a memorable one! And now, 5 years later, I'm passing out of here in a few days time.. your post made me nostalgic! do visit my blog at http://deepchatter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, I'm glad I could bring back your memories. :)
    Sorry for a late reply, and will definitely read your blog!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete