Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Sorrow Of War - A Poem

Hey people! :)

I once had a nightmare... :(
In the nightmare, I was a victim of a WAR..lost everything..lost EVERYONE...:'(
The next morning I woke up, I took a pen a paper..
And this is what I came up with..A poem on "The Sorrow Of War"...

It always touches my heart..
Every time I read it, I'm reminded of the nightmare..
Tears fill my eyes, each time I feel the pain of the little girl...who knows nothing..
What has happened...Where is her mother..Where is her father..Why is everyone screaming..
She's LOST..and..ALONE..:'(

Hope it touches your heart too!

"Alas! It had reached,
Leaving no stones unturned.
As the streets thundered,
Things blundered.

The showers of the war,
Hit the joyous home.
Chair on which father sits,
Shattered into bits!
The apron mother wears,
couldn't soak all her daughter's tears.

Tears dropped down her face endlessly,
How the war had flawlessly,
Left her bereft of home.....
bereft of joy........
bereft of LIFE....!

She was there amidst the shattered remains,
Moving lifelessly in the doomed lanes.
Burdened with shock,
She slept there with displeasure,
Dreaming of homely joys
Which seemed like a treasure
She wished to never wake up,
But the appalling reality couldn't remain aloof,
The terror of the dark life awaiting her made her move.

She finally realized,
The catastrophic realities dawned on her,
A silent scream within her,
Sent her into the blackness of relief."

I'm in tears.... :'(

6 comments:

  1. AWESOME poem! It really touches your heart! :)
    And you told me that you weren't a poet! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe..Not really :)
    Just that when i'm getting swayed by something so over-whelming...i pen it down..makes me feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. u are actually mein allrounder yar..
    rhea goel u rox!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe...thnku so much meri bestie! :)
    but u rock more than me!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dats so nice:) really! so many poets in our class :P..i am yet to meet the happy ones though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha..don't u worry shruti! I have written few happy ones too! Wil soon put them up here..JUST for you! :D
    And thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete